FAQ Existing National Bodies
I am organizing my competition, now what?
A few simple steps:
- Fill out the Annual Sanctioning Form (for each competition if they happen at different dates). The password will have been emailed to you by the National Body Coordinator.
- Contact and invite a WCE Representative.
What if I can’t find an available WCE Representative?
A WCE Representative is mandatory (except for Cup Tasters); if you are struggling to find one, please email [email protected]. Make sure you allow enough time for Representatives to be able to make travel arrangements, as they are all committed volunteers!
Do I need to pay the WCE Representative?
No – they are all volunteering their time and expertise. You do however, need to cover all of their expenses: travel / local transportation / lodging / all meals.
How should the champion register for world events?
The champion registration is usually open about 2 months prior to the world competitions. The champions should fill out their registration personally, and WCE will only be able to confirm them once we receive the Post Competition Report.
Staff have changed internally within our NB. How can we change the contact information on the WCE Website?
You can update this information using the Contact Update Form on the National Body Tools page.
How long is the NB License “valid”?
The NB License is usually an ongoing agreement and does not need to be actively renewed.
If there are abnormalities such as (but not limited to):
- Lack in communication or responsiveness to WCE,
- Not paying the NB Licensing Fee on time,
- Not following the procedures indicated (Forms etc),
- Clear complaints coming from either local community or WCE Representatives of events not being run according to WCE Standards
WCE may decide to review / revoke the License at any time.