Organization: SCA/WORLD COFFEE EVENTS
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Events Creative Director of World Coffee Events
Department: World Coffee Events
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Frequency 35% annually
This Event Coordinator (EC) role requires a high level of communication competency—across cultures, and through nuanced and complex scenarios. The Events Coordinator must be strong in developing, supporting, and improving systems—specifically for the WCE Rep program, judge communications and training, and competitor support. The Coordinator must work with WCE Competitions Staff to support organization, planning, production, and management of competitions (and competition-related events). Critical to this role is a high level of communication and interpersonal savvy. The role supports WCE Representatives, judges, competitors, and volunteers.
The position will require some travel and a varied work schedule. The duties may be conducted via teleconferencing from various locations with self-managed workload. As a member of the WCE staff, support and participation in our annual competition and special features may also be involved.
- Ability to facilitate committee work: creating and delivering upon timelines, organizing meetings across multiple time zones, ensuring completion of projects with the contribution of individual stakeholders.
- Experience with project management and team collaboration is preferred.
- Ability to work in a stressful onsite environment, and juggle multiple priorities.
- Considerate of cultural differences, and able to communicate effectively through complex scenarios.
- Background in event production and event related communications is helpful.
- Knowledge of coffee or a coffee enthusiast desired.
- Experience in collaboration with various working groups across different cultures.
- Self-motivated professional, who possesses some knowledge of world geography and cultures.
- Highly proficient with events management, production, and coordination.
- Experience in live event support/high pressure environments is helpful.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of technical writing, organizational systems, and program design strongly desired.
- Minimum of two year’s experience in direct customer service roles. Barista certification preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in word processing, creating spreadsheets, on-line cloud systems, and project management tools.
- Extremely organized and reliable with working independently while telecommuting.
- Capable of self-managed schedule to meet project deadlines.
The coordinator will maintain a system for certified judges, to keep it supported, relevant, and healthy. This includes grading judge exams, maintaining judge tracking, and managing judge communications and certificates. The coordinator will support on-site Judge Certification exams, Judge Calibration, and WCE Rep Meetings. The coordinator will also coordinate program improvements and innovations, when needed.
The coordinator will oversee competitor logistics and communications for championships. They will be responsible for fielding Rules & Regulations questions and queries throughout this year. This may involve coordinating with R&R committees or judge groups. Additionally, the coordinator will manage and improve competitor logistics, tools, and resources, in collaboration with staff and stakeholders.
The coordinator will organize and manage volunteer systems and needs for events which are not supported by SCA staff directly.
WCE Representatives et al.
The coordinator will maintain a system for WCE Representatives, to keep it supported, relevant, and healthy. This includes organizing a bi-annual Rep Meeting, coordinating bias training, development rigor around feedback and program, and analyzing sanctioning forms and pre-event reports, to ensure NB events are properly supported. The coordinator will update all National Body Workshops (NBWs) yearly, after the Rules are updated. The coordinator will oversee staffing of the World Competitions Educational Program (WCEP) and may participate in its innovation.