World Coffee Events (WCE) is owned by the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) & Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA). WCE has an Advisory Board comprised of four (4) directors, ten (10) volunteer members, five (5) appointed by the SCAE and five (5) appointed by the SCAA.
Drewry Pearson (Treasurer)
SCAE Executive Director
Essex, United Kingdom
SCAA Executive Director
Long Beach, California USA
Encinitas, CA, USA
James Shepherd (Chair)
Beyond the Bean
Carl Sara (Past Chair)
Crafted Coffee Company
Christchurch, New Zealand
Irving Farm Coffee Roasters
New York City, New York USA
Bontain Coffee co.,Ltd.
- Move to Guatemala and El Salvador in 1995, cupping so many coffees through the year and visit farms/beneficios to know what influenced as the coffee quality.
- Since 2001,joined Cup of Excellence Program in Guatemala and since 2003 we became a Lifetime Pioneer Member for COE.
- Since 2004,passed tests to become a WBC judge in Trieste, Italy. Then Judged WBC at 2005,2006,2007,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Also went to help some national barista championship as a Head judge and Sensory Judge.(Japan, China, El Salvador, Korea ,Costa Rica and Taiwan)
- Since 2003,president of Bontain Coffee co.,Ltd.(Roaster in Japan).
- Role:Direct Trade,Quality Control, whole sales manager and Coffee retail shop and cafe operation
- WBC Certified Sensory Judge 2009-2014
- World Brewers Cup Certified Sensory Judge 2013-2014
- World Coffee In Good Spirits Sensory Judge 2013-2014 (Head Judge at WCIGS2013 Final)
- World Coffee Events representative 2013-2014
- Specialty Coffee Association of Japan(SCAJ), Vice-chair 2012-2013
- Alliance for Coffee Excellence(ACE), Board of Director 2010-2013
Mike Yung (Vice Chair)
Graffeo Coffee Roasting Company
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Biggekerke, The Netherlands
Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea
Chicago, Illinois USA
Sao Paolo, Brazil